Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WOOHOO!

Guess what I did today?  (Besides, obviously, writing a new blog on this poor, neglected site.  ;-) )

I had a Groupon to use at Old Navy and so I hit it up today between getting my hair cut and a meeting.  I wanted a pair of their 5" shorts, but could NOT find a size 10 anywhere.  Well, I could, but in mustard yellow. No thank you.

So, out of desperation, I snagged a size 8, and figured I'd try them on, see how bad it was, and then decide if I was going to get them or not.

I hit the dressing room with those shorts, and a couple other finds, and the very nice (very gay... I wouldn't mention it if it weren't important. Stay with me.) gentleman showed me and my seven items to an open stall.

I figured I should get the most depressing part of this over and done with first, and grabbed those size eights. I eyed them against myself, first, and raised my eyebrows.  They actually didn't look as small as I remember size 8's to be. They looked like they might actually fit.

I pulled them on, zipped them up, did the button, took a deep breath, and let out a "WHOOP!"

Remember that very nice gentleman working in the dressing room?  From outside, I heard, "Oh, Lawd, Jesus! Are you okay in there, honey?!"

I nearly laughed my butt off, except, like, you know, there's not too much there anymore to laugh off, and assured him that I was fine. I shoved the other shorts and the skirts I had over the door and asked if he could find them in size EIGHT for me.  I heard him pause while he, I'm sure, looked at the label to see what size they were. And then, a whistle and a "You go, girlfriend. I'll be right back."

While he was gone, I snapped a photo and was going to text it to half a dozen people, but ended up just posting it on FaceBook. Just easier.

He brought back the rest of my stuff in the appropriate size, and holy crap, you guys, the ALL FIT!  I had a seriously hard time choosing what to buy, because I was so excited, I suddenly wanted to buy one of everything in size 8 that they had in stock.

Oh, Lawd, Jesus, indeed.  I own size 8 shorts, and they freaking fit. I haven't seen size 8 since a year before I got pregnant with my princess. That's like, EIGHT YEARS ago, people!

In other news, I got to see one of my besties who has also been doing HCG this past weekend at the Princess' birthday party. She's down over 60 pounds and looks A-FREAKING-MAZING.  I wish I could easily see all my other friends who are doing this, but we are scattered all over the country.  Luckily, we have the internet. ;-)

I feel like a cheerleader. YAY, HCG!  I'm almost the same size a cheerleader!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me squeeeee!! like a fangirl. So thanks for leaving one.