Friday, November 11, 2011

HI! Miss me? ;-)

I missed you too! I took pretty much the entire summer and most of the fall off from all things HCG, and here I am, ready to start my next (and possibly last!) round.

I must confess that I have gained some of my weight back. I'll tell you why.  First of all, I haven't done a full, real Phase 3 since my first round, and second of all, wheat is not my friend.

Phase 3 is just as important as Phase 2. In Phase 2, you lose the weight. In Phase 3, you tell your body, "Okay, this is where we want to stay." Phase 3 is vital to stabilizing. Obviously, I KNOW this. I just have a hard time DOING it.  Interestingly, I'm back to where I was at the end of my first round. You know, the time I did a full Phase 3. (headsmack)

I cannot tell you how much different I feel without wheat, in any of its insidious forms, in my body. I spend the first few days of any Phase 2 talking about how light I feel, and how energetic. I'm not bloated, I'm just...different.  A better different.  Then I leave Phase 2, do a half-assed Phase 3 and remember how delicious mozzerella sticks are. (headsmack 2) Here's the thing; in moderation (for me), yes, mozzerella sticks are fine and delicious. When you eat something breaded and fried more days than you don't.... problem.

I was doing okay, honestly, and then I went on vacation. Somehow in my mind, vacation=license to eat everything on the menu. Twice.  And I went on TWO vacations. A week with my family and then four days in Vegas. It's kind of amazing, really, that I haven't gained everything, plus some, back.  Again, I point to the fact that, eating whatever I wanted, for a couple MONTHS, has put me back to the point of my last real Phase 3. This just goes to prove that Phase 3 really is resetting our hypothalmus, and it's not all smoke and mirrors.

So, I loaded this past weekend, and in the past five days, I'm back down 4.8 pounds.  That puts me about 10 pounds away from my lowest weight on protocol and about 15 pounds from my goal.  I might be able to eek that out on one round. We shall see!

In the meantime, I'm making meatloaf for everyone tonight and I am really excited to eat mine with a little of Lianne's ketchup, designed specifically for Phase 2. :-)  Go to her site and browse the recipes, there is some incredibly yummy stuff on there. I am so jonesing for some Phase 3 pizza!

1 comment:

Comments make me squeeeee!! like a fangirl. So thanks for leaving one.